A transformative initiative to remove litter, create jobs and beautify California
Remove Litter • Create Jobs • Beautify California
Caltrans is investing in removing litter, creating jobs, educating the public and engaging the community to transform unsightly roadsides into spaces of pride for all Californians.
Accepting applications to help maintain our highways! Get more information or sign up
Volunteers can receive up to $250 per month for litter collection!
Clean California Beautification Projects
Clean California provides funds to clean and beautify public spaces in underserved communities.
Local Grant Program funds projects for local and regional public agencies, transit agencies, tribal governments and nonprofit organizations.
State Beautification Program funds improve the aesthetics of public spaces with transformative beautification projects along the state highway system.
Career opportunities and jobs for all Californians, including veterans, students, artists, people experiencing homelessness, and those re-entering society from incarceration.
Small changes can have a major impact on our waterways. Learn how you can help prevent stormwater pollution.
For Coastal Cleanup Day, the Stormwater Program team is partnering with the CA Coastal Commission and Orange County Coastkeepers to pick up beach litter and help keep our waterways clean. Come join us from 9a-2p at Huntington Beach on September 17th and check out booths, games, and a “Trash Castle” art installation made by California artists Judith and Richard Lang. Learn More
Maggie Steffens - Stormwater Program - August 2022
7/1/21 to 9/22/22
Events and News
Dump Day events are until capacity is reached.
- September 1–30: Coastal Cleanup Month various locations info: CoastalCleanupDay.org
- September 23: Governor's Office Press Release - Clean California Removes 1 Million Cubic Yards of Litter from Roadsides
- September 24: Dump Day – Public Works Yard – 1776 Adolfo Lopez Drive in Seal Beach from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m.
- September 24: Dump Day – 3065 Blairs Lane in Placerville from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- September 25: Dump Day and Cleanup – Samoa Cookhouse, 908 Vance Avenue in Samoa from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m.
- September 25: Dump Day – Chalfant Transfer Station, 500 Locust Street in Bishop from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- October 1: Dump Day – City Corp Yard – 637 W. Struck Avenue in Orange from 8 until 11 a.m.
- October 8 : Dump Day – Betty Ainsworth Sports Center, 3851 W. El Segundo Blvd. in Hawthorne from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- November 13: Stormwater - Mile Steward River Cleanup, Sacramento Bar Park, 3936 Pennsylvania Ave, Fair Oaks, CA 95628 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.