A transformative initiative to remove litter, create jobs and beautify California
Remove Litter • Create Jobs • Beautify California
Caltrans is investing in removing litter, creating jobs, educating the public and engaging the community to transform unsightly roadsides into spaces of pride for all Californians.
Accepting applications to help maintain our highways! Get more information or sign up
Volunteers can receive up to $250 per month for litter collection!
Clean California Beautification Projects
Clean California provides funds to clean and beautify public spaces in underserved communities.
Local Grant Program funds projects for local and regional public agencies, transit agencies, tribal governments and nonprofit organizations.
State Beautification Program funds improve the aesthetics of public spaces with transformative beautification projects along the state highway system.
Career opportunities and jobs for all Californians, including veterans, students, artists, people experiencing homelessness, and those re-entering society from incarceration.
Stormwater PSA with Juan Toscano-Anderson
July 2021-June 2022
Events and News
Dump Day events are held during the hours below or until capacity is reached at the site.
- May 7: Stormwater - San Clemente State Beach Cleanup, 250 Avenida Califia from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- May 14: Free Dump Day - Elk Grove Maintenance Yard, 9087 Elmont Way in Elk Grove from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- May 14: Free Dump Day - Mariposa Landfill, Composting and Recycling Center, 5593 Highway 49N in Mariposa from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- May 14: Free Dump Day and Community Cleanup - Fullerton Park and Ride, 3000 W. Orangethorpe Ave in Fullerton from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- May 14: Free Dump Day - Benton Transfer Station, 400 Christie Lane in Benton from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- May 14: Free Dump Day - Caltrans Magana Ortega Maintenance Station, 451 Slover Avenue in Bloomington from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- May 14: Stormwater - Huntington State Beach Cleanup, 22355 Pacific Coast Hwy from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- May 20: Press Conference and Community Cleanup - Jordan Downs Beautification and South Los Angeles Rising Local Grants projects at Watts Empowerment Center, 2250 E. 114th Street in Los Angeles begins promptly at 3 p.m.
- May 21: Community Bike Ride and Press Conference - Westpark Community Center, 450 W. Harrison Avenue in Ventura at 9 a.m. Bike ride will follow the press conference.
- May 21: Free Dump Day - Xaa-wan’-k’wvt Village & Resort, 12420 Highway 101 North in smith River (enter from Lopez Street) in Smith River from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- May 21: Free Dump Day - Visalia City Yard, 335 N. Cain Street in Visalia from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. (proof of Visalia residency is required)
- May 21: Stormwater - American River Parkway Cleanup, 1767 Tribute Rd from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- May 22: Free Dump Day - Chalfant Transfer Station, 500 Locust Street in Bishop from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 am.
- May 31: Press Conference, Local Grant Project Groundbreaking and Community Cleanup - Garfield Park, 801 East Holt Avenue in Pomona begins at 8:30 a.m.
- May 31: Stormwater - Folsom Lake State Recreation Area Cleanup, 7755 Folsom-Auburn Road from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- July 5: Stormwater - Folsom Lake State Recreation Area Cleanup, 7755 Folsom-Auburn Road from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- September 6: Stormwater - Folsom Lake State Recreation Area Cleanup, 7755 Folsom-Auburn Road from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.