Everyone should try to do their part to prevent stormwater pollution. Below are resources to help share the message!
Media contacts looking for more information about the Stormwater Public Education Campaign may download the press kit, which includes:
- Launch press release
- Campaign visuals
- Campaign fact sheet
Become a stormwater partner! Download materials in English or Spanish. For additional languages, contact us.
- High resolution campaign materials
- Social media graphics
Looking for a disposal facility in your district or wondering when the next free dump day is? Below are a few facilities near major cities where you can safely dispose of waste:
- District 1 Eureka: http://www.ci.eureka.ca.gov/depts/pnr/recycle.asp
- District 2 Redding: https://www.cityofredding.org/Home/Components/FacilityDirectory/FacilityDirectory/28/611
- District 3 Sacramento: https://wmr.saccounty.net/Pages/default.aspx
- District 4 San Francisco: https://sfenvironment.org/zero-waste-in-SF-is-recycling-composting-and-reuse
- District 5 San Luis Obispo: https://www.iwma.com/residents/household-hazardous-waste-facilities/
- District 6 Fresno: https://www.co.fresno.ca.us/departments/public-works-planning/divisions-of-public-works-and-planning/resources-and-parks-division/landfill-operations
- District 7 Los Angeles: https://lacounty.gov/residents/environment/recycling/
- District 8 San Bernardino: http://cms.sbcounty.gov/dpw/SolidWasteManagement/WasteDisposalSites.aspx
- District 9 Bishop: https://www.bishopwaste.com/services/residential-trash/
- District 10 Stockton: https://www.stocktonrecycles.com/residents/landfills-recycling-facilities/
- District 11 San Diego: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/deh/waste/hhw.html
- District 12 Irvine: https://www.cityofirvine.org/environmental-programs/hazardous-waste-collection-centers
In the News
Read about the Caltrans Stormwater Public Education Campaign in the news! See how Caltrans is working to keep our waterways clean. New mentions, articles and more are listed below.
- Coming Soon!
Permits and Additional Information
Keeping our stormwater clean takes a lot of work. Below are requirements and permits in place to regulate and manage our stormwater.