Caltrans is investing in removing litter, creating jobs, educating the public and engaging the community to transform unsightly roadsides into spaces of pride for all Californians.
The Caltrans Adopt-A-Highway Program provides an avenue for individuals, organizations or businesses to help maintain sections of roadside within California's State Highway System.
Help maintain our highways with the Adopt-A-Highway Program, complete an online volunteer application:
- Online Adopt-A-Highway Volunteer Application (Individual/Business)
- Online Adopt-A-Highway Volunteer Application (Contractors/Sponsors)
Learn More, including about the up to $250 incentive stipend.
Accepting applications to help maintain our highways! Get more information or sign up
Volunteers can receive up to $250 per litter clean-up event held at adopted sites.
Local Grant Program
The Clean California Local Grants Program will hold an application workshop to provide potential applicants with technical assistance.
Funds for your local community to beautify and improve local streets and roads, tribal lands, parks, pathways, and transit centers to clean and enhance public spaces.
Report an area that needs litter removal by using our Customer Service Request form
Upcoming Clean California events
- November 3 – Job Fair: Caltrans District 7 Headquarters in downtown Los Angeles
- November 4 – Farmers Market Clean California Information Booth: downtown San Luis Obispo City Farmers Market
- November 4 – Job Fair: Caltrans District 8 Headquarters in San Bernardino
- November 18 - Grant Program Guidelines Workshop #3: Caltrans will host a virtual workshop for key stakeholders to answer questions and provide step-by-step guidance on how to complete a Clean California Local Grant Program application
- November 20 – Community Litter Pickup: Caltrans and local environmental volunteer group Earth Shine will lead a community clean up at the River Walk in Paso Robles